Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Fast Friday Fabric Challenge

" Salsify"
Here is my entry for the second month of participation in the Fast Friday Fabric Challenge in which we are given a theme and a challenge and have one week to complete a quilt. This month we were to show movement through line and to incorporate embellishments into the finished product. The timing was perfect for me as I just purchased an "embellisher", a machine that basically does needle felting, and I needed an excuse to try it out. The first thing that came to mind was the wind blowing the seeds of a salsify plant. The "flying geese" (those little triangles that indicate the wind in my quilt) were a true challenge but I think they worked quite nicely in the end.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

You have done a wonderful job of capturing movement. I can see the wind capturing the seeds and blowing them to who knows where. Great quilt!

cat in tassie said...

I love this little quilt. Looks like you're going to have fun with your embellisher. I'm doing a quilt now that I want to quilt wind patterns on, and you've given me some ideas.