Friday, July 25, 2008

Flying HIgh




Today was the day to capture a couple of photos of local flyers.





This morning, as I finished feeding the llamas, I looked up to see this goldie on Vertebrae Rock right beside the house. Although I am used to seeing golden eagles in the area, and they seem quite used to us as well, it is rare to see them this close. He (she?) seemed unconcerned by my presence and I was able to get at least 20 shots - all in RAW - before he simply walked to the other side of the rock and out of sight. I will say, I didn't like the way he was looking at Frank so the poor cat had to stay inside for the rest of the morning through no fault of his own.






This afternoon I snapped a couple shots of this swallowtail on the butterfly bush. He is pretty beat up but the colors are still beautiful.

No comments: