Sunday, August 31, 2008

Speed!


I have two photos I want to share even though they are never going to win me any prizes for ability!
This first one is my favorite photo of Licorice so far. It is hard to describe the simple joy to be had from watching all baby llamas find their legs, but I will admit to having a special spot in my heart for this little one. She has more energy than the other two combined. She rarely sits still and when she does slow down it is usually due to curiosity about some new discovery in the corral. She has already managed to get her nose scratched by a haughty Frank the cat more than once!

This second photo is of one of a pair of Sphinx moths that showed up in the garden last night. Also called Hawkmoths, they are often mistaken for hummingbirds. If you look at the wing action it is easy to see why that is the case. If you click on this photo to enlarge it you will get a better view of the amazing proboscis this creature has for getting at nectar deep in flowers.

1 comment:

annmarie said...

I LOVE your blog. I click on it every Sunday night with fingers crossed that you have posted in the last 7 days. So tonite I was thrilled to see 3 posts this week. I guess I am living vicariously thru your adventures. Your pics are great. I am also 60 so appreciate the deteriorating (though kicking & screaming) body. Would love to see & read more about your llamas, especially Licorice!